Sunday, March 6, 2005

Cars, and such.

 No sleep for a week, not eating right, tunnel-vision, both thumbs are so sore I can barely use them(stop that, I know what you are thinking!!), either I am sick, or the new Gran Turismo 4 video game is out!! It is, of course, the latter.

  There are many car racing games out there, but only ONE Gran Turismo series. If you happen to be a gear-head like me, this series is the best! It is the only one I know of that lets you tweak the gearing, suspension, tires, everything that makes a race car run!

  If you are not a gear-head,(I can only imagine how you must suffer), it doesn't matter. The cars are set up nearly perfectly anyway. BUT, IF YOU WANT TO WIN, you need to learn about drive ratios, and final drives. Oh, yeah, then there is the limited-slip rear-ends! (Everyone needs one of those---shut up!)

 Don't get me wrong---THIS IS NOT NASCAR RACING!! There are city tracks from Paris to Tokyo, to Seoul, to New York! There are right turns, left turns, chicanes, S curves, and even a few right angle turns. Translated, that last one means STOP, then turn!!

  If you own a PlayStation 2, you simply MUST try this game on! I own all four games in the series, and this is the best. Each car sounds different; this is because the people who make the game actually went out and made sound recordings of the various cars in the game. Give it a shot, you will enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I know about Gran Turismo 4. I'm no gear head, but this game is one well made product. (I own the very first GT on PS1 and I couldn't even get my 1st license!) GT4 is a gear head's dream. I stopped into a Game Crazy recently and heard a couple guys raving about how the cars are true to their real life counterparts. Better prepare yourself for this one, John. But there's a Gran Turismo title in the works for Sony's new Playstation Portable (PSP). Soon you'll be able to race your best cars against total strangers while at the coffee shop!