Wednesday, March 31, 2004

A Little More About Me...

           OK,calm down,children,and gather closer. My voice is heavier,and raspier than it used to be,so you need to be close,to hear my stories.Before we go much farther,I need to say Thanks to a special person. Her name is Jean,and she lives in North Carolina. Without her,I would never have started this. I have never met her,she is simply a 'net buddy,but she has taught me some things. Not THOSE things!!! She is not that kind of friend!

          OK,so I told you that I only saw my "real" dad twice in my life.That's all you need to know about him,except that he was an alcholic,and prone to "wandering";whatever. When I was three or four years old,my mom met this truckdriver from Tennessee.Big fellow,6' 8" about 400 pounds.They never really got along too well.There were constant fights,screaming,cursing,breaking things,and that is only what my mother did.

      I never realized he was not my dad until one night during one of their cuss-fights. When my mother screamed out that they had only been together for nine years.Hmmm....I was 12 years old at the time!!! Oh,my God,I was a bastard child! It seemed like the "marriage" went downhill from there.

          One morning,as we got ready for school,my mother was beating on my younger sister(four boys,one girl,she was the youngest). I had endured her beatings for over twelve years,my sister was six.....I decided this would end here. I grabbed my sister from my mother,and told her that she would NOT beat her like she did us boys. What followed was sheer terror!

           My mother screamed for everyone to go to school.....except for me. As I look back on it,I have never realized how close I came to dying that morning. When all the other children were out the door,I thought that I would endure another beating.....seems mom had something "new" in store for me!

No comments: