Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sad News

It is with mixed emotions that I post here today. I got two calls yesterday, Saturday, July 09, that my biological dad died at 12:00 pm(that is noon if you are wondering). I say mixed emotions because the man just didn't know me. The last time he saw me was when I was 17, and then only for a few minutes.

I hate the loss of any life, but this one even moreso than any other at this time. There was never any one time that he wanted to know me or my two brothers. How do you deal with someone like that? I chose to just leave him alone, and let him be. It seemed to be what he wanted. But that just makes me feel like less of a person. Maybe I didn't try hard enough? Maybe HE didn't try hard enough? Who knows, I have just about quit beating myself up about it...

On a more positive note, I had my new granddaughter for most of the day Saturday! We had a great time of it. She is growing by leaps and bounds! You can actually get her to laugh for you now! She just laughs and squeals so much. I love playing with her. My wife took her Friday evening to see our oldest girl. She was over-joyed to play with her! I guess you could say that she is being spoiled!

Well, that is about it for me. I think I will go and dig in my freezer and see what I can come up with! Later Dayzzzzzzzzz!

No comments: