Saturday, December 25, 2010

So This Christmas...

As the old song goes. Merry Christmas to all of you from all of us. The grandkids got everything they wanted, the kids got what they wanted, and the wife got what she wanted. And oh yes, I got what I wanted...to see the smiles, and the light in their eyes as they opened their presents. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I have no idea why it is, it just is.


Now, to the serious shit...my blood-sugar is so high that my doc wants to put me on an insulin pump. Needless to say, we are not on speaking terms right now. I have heard too many stories about people having failures of some sort with the pumps. I don't plan on dying just yet. On the good side, on my last visit to the doc, I had LOST 12 pounds!!! That is pretty good for a diabetic. I can now fit in a 38 waist jeans! I would love to get back to my regular size of a 32 inch waist.


Sorry I haven't written in so long. My muse seems to have failed me lately. That may be due to the fact that I haven't been drinking at all of late. And since my oldest daughter gave us a full bottle of Skyy Vodka, maybe I can get my muse to return. She seems to love the drink!


So, as I said before, Merry Christmas to all of you, and if I am not back in time, Happy New Year to all. Love each other as if you were brother and sister, and may peace be with you and yours!

No comments: