Saturday, June 27, 2009

Two Icons Lost

This has been one of the worst weeks in a long time. We lost what can only be called two American Icons this past week. Farrah Fawcet and Micheal Jackson. They are gone far too quickly. If you are wondering, yes, I used to have a poster of Farrah, and I also listened to Micheal's music at one time.

So many people will not mourn these two superstars, they will get caught up in the greed of making money off of these two persons. I humbly ask all of my readers to remember one thing....these were PEOPLE first, with feelings. Now they are gone, please show some respect. My wife recieved some jokes about Micheal jackson on her cell phone, and I just didn't find them funny. I might have laughed had he not been dead, I guess.

In my time here on this little rock we call home, I have seen many people die. Some I have mourned in my own way, and others I figured we were better off without. Now, why did I say that? Well, some people are given a lifetime to do good, and they just never get it right, whether by choice, or by design. I have spent the first half of my life being an asshole. I have devoted the last 20 years trying to do right by people, even if it is people that I don't know. I feel that we touch so many lives around us that we should be careful of our actions, lest we injure or harm someone without our knowledge.

Have a great weekend, and please, be nice to each other....

:) Holla' If You Hear Me!!! :)