Thursday, September 27, 2007

Something Wonderful

I had  been talking to my oldest daughter about a prt-time job with her crew. I didn't care if she was the "boss", believe me, I have had far worse. And, yes, I have worked under a woman before. I don't have a problem with it. So, we had been talking and she asks me why I want a part time job. Well, I explained, it is so I can buy me a guitar. Nothing fancy, just your average six-string affair. So she says she will see what she can do. I told her I could do almost anything, just put a shovel in my hands and say, "dig". It didn't matter what the job was.

      Well, this past Sunday, she comes in with a brand-new guitar, still in the box! New! Just like that. I told her I couldn't possibly accept that, and her with two children to provide for(her husband works also, but let's face it, kids are expensive). She tell me "nonsense, dad, you raised me for 18 years, I can surely get you a guitar." I explained that she nor her younger sister owe me anything for raising them, that was my job, and for the most part, I enjoyed it. She told me to shut up and play...

 

:-) Holla' If You Hear Me!!! :-)

No comments: